The Reston Accessibility Committee awards grants to eligible students through its Financial Aid Outreach Program. This program provided help to a high school student in 2017, an elementary school student in 2019 and a kindergartner in 2021.
To be eligible for this aid, a recipient must be:
- A student with a disability enrolled in a Reston school
- Preschool through Grade 12
- Financial need as confirmed by his/her school liaison
The aid may be used to cover expenses for the following activities:
- Field trip fees during the school year
- Summer camps, classes, or workshops enrollment fees
- Durable medical equipment (DME) for a permanent disability when the DME is not covered by health insurance or Medicare
RAC thanks those whose contributions make this award possible.
To learn more information and/or to receive an application form, please complete the fields below and submit. Deadline for submission of the completed application form is May 1.